Monday 10 January 2011

Pinkies!

Hi, Seth here.
(Trying to post again without the computer eating everything)

Florin dropped her litter on Friday, in the middle of the day. Typical Florin to go against everything we've read. ^_^
She had 14, but sadly one died in the night. She's doing just amazingly as a first time Mum with such a big litter. I don't think she's ever been happier or more proud of herself. She keeps coming over to me and bruxing like: "Look what I did!"

Here's a corner of the wriggly pile.

They're squeeking right now, probably fighting over poor Mum who doesn't have quite enough nipples. *peers* ... ^_^ I can just see some little legs trying to kick a brother out of the way ^_^

Most of them seem to be dumbo and taking after Mum in markings, although they're mostly variegated, there are a couple of lighter/darker ones that have me a bit confused. Their fur will come through in the next few days and then I can do some reverse genetics on Mum. I thought I'd got it all figured out from looking at her sisters, but that's the fun of genetics isn't it. (Geek alert)

Anyway! Here's a video of them all (it's a bit poor but there's a good shot of them all in there) and a picture of Mum helping herself to a snack ^_^.



I'll update again in a few days when the sausages have turned into fuzlets. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment